Monday, April 26, 2010

The flip side...

You don't get diagnosed with a chronic condition that may significantly reduce your life span without getting the blues. But I'm not a total misery guts at the moment - there is a lot of good stuff going on.

I've taken 12 months leave from the job that was stressing me out so much it was having a negative effect on my health. I'm doing temp work, and actually enjoy going to work for the first time in years.

I've met a man - he lives in Sydney but we talk every day. I've told him about my health and he is very understanding. I went down to see him a few weeks ago and had an awesome time. We're taking things slowly, but it's very nice right now.

My fitness is getting back on track. I've entered the 10km run at the Gold Coast Marathon so I'm training for that as well as seeing a new personal trainer. While the weight isn't shifting yet, I can feel my strength increasing as well as my cardio fitness.

I've got a great circle of friends who I just love hanging about with.

Sure, the future is uncertain, but it always has been.