Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Vous regardez encore meilleur nu

I just freaking love accents. Doesn't matter if it's a man or woman. If you have an accent I'm that little bit more interested in you.

I used to love getting Irish or Pommie temps in the call centre - we had two Irish girls this year with the best Irish twangs ever (couldn't for the life of me remember their names, so they were Blond Irish and Brown Irish). If only I was into women.

Sigh.

But an accent can sometimes be hard to negotiate and the meaning gets completely screwed up. I recently met up with a very nice (ie hot as all hell) French-Canadian guy, where the french accent was very very strong. What was possibly a very romantic/hot moment under the covers got lost in translation;

"Your bitches is hot?" - ummmm?
"You take my pictures?" - er sorry?
"Um... I like your muscles on your chest, they are quite large, yes?"

Oh - my big chest is hot? Why thank you.

I also dated a Swiss guy briefly and he spoke four different languages - French, German, Italian and English. During the act he would whisper things in French in my ear. Hot, hot, hot.

For all I know he could have been saying "I wish you would trim your toe nails" but it so was god-damn hot, I just didn't care.

Hmmm... now I'm pursuing a guy in my office building that has an accent. He must be South American or something.

God I need a man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Your bitches is hot" - freaking love it.

Give me a scotish acceny anyday