Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm looking for Amanda Huginkiss...

I worked out of a different office today, and was dealing heaps with one of the PA's. I go out of my way to be friendly to the PA's because you don't want a nasty one holding up your paperwork or her only finding shitty meeting times for you.

So this PA hasn't been with us for very long and I haven't had much to do with her yet, so I went out of my way to be nice;

"I'm going for a coffee Bernadette, do you want one?"

"Can I take one of these chairs Bernadette? Cheers."

"Hey Bernadette, could you print something off in colour for me? Thanks."

Friendly, polite, thankful for all of her help for - a winning formula really.

Except her name isn't Bernadette. It's Geraldine. Idiot.

So let's take a guess when my next meeting with that Director will be? 5:30am on a Sunday morning?

1 comment:

Ms Smack said...

Does she have a sense of humour?

Ask her to call you 'Winston' or some other weird name for a couple of days to make up for your innocent mistake!