Monday, August 25, 2008

It's just like when the Beatles broke up...

First Ricki-Lee took off, and then Jessica Mauboy ran away. Now news.com.au reports that Paulini has quit the Young Divas;

"A founding member of the Australian Idol spin-off sister act, Curuenavuli's exit follows in the footsteps of Ricki-Lee Coulter and more recently Jessica Mauboy, who also left the girl band to pursue solo careers"

So that leaves Kate "I tried Jenny Craig but they didn't tell me double quarter pounders weren't allowed" DeAraugo and Emily "I am the lizard queen" Williams, and the rumour there is that they're both about to be dropped and there will be a whole new line up. I predict the record company will just tell them to piss off.

I really hope the group doesn't fold. I mean, where else am I going to find unimaginative covers of old disco tracks that no one really wanted to hear all released on an album just before Christmas so every 15 year old girl with a dream to be on Idol will get one as a present? Where?

I suppose I'll just have to wait until Marcia Hines releases a new album.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Marcia's next album must be due soon... she usually times a release so that she can do a performance on the Top 10 verdict shows and plug plug plug to her heart's content!